➢ Are you eager to work for an exciting and meaningful project?
➢ When it comes to hydrogen, are you convinced of its importance for the energy transition?
➢ Do you want to join an international team with human and environmental values?
Founded in 2017, Lhyfe designs, builds, and operates facilities to produce green and renewable hydrogen.
What is special about the hydrogen Lhyfe produces? Our production process does not bring out CO2, but it does produce oxygen. And oxygen means life!
As the first producer and supplier of green and renewable hydrogen we are shaping our future by making a positive impact to the environment. At Lhyfe, we are convinced that we need to change things now!
We work daily to ensure that the production of our hydrogen has a positive impact on the environment but also on the territories.
Do you want to be part of this social and environmental project? Join us!
We are currently looking for our future "Project development manager UK & I " located in Newcastle Upon Tyne, to lead the development phase of green hydrogen production projects from site conception through to FID.
Starting date: as soon as possible
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage and plan the development phase of our production site projects from origination to financial investment decision.
- Ensuring projects have a strong investment case and are in a ‘buildable’ state for the execution and implementation phases.
- Support the Business Development team by identifying new opportunities for the implementation of renewable hydrogen production projects – with a focus on electricity source and consumer requirements.
- Be Lhyfe’s ambassador to present our projects to local stakeholders (elected officials, authorities, communities, residents, key stakeholders etc.) and obtain local acceptance of the projects.
- Identify, negotiate, and secure land agreements to enable the deployment of our renewable hydrogen production units.
- Identify the permitting route and secure the permits in line with the regulatory framework that applies to project.
- Identify all services needed for the renewable hydrogen production sites. If required, secure the grid connection and electricity supply in collaboration with our Energy Manager.
- Create and manage strong development documentation for internal reporting, governance, and project handover.
Joining Lhyfe means:
- Being part of a bold, supportive & motivated UK team.
- Collaboration with Project developer from various subsidiaries (Sweden, Germany, France...) to share best practices.
- Direct access to Energy experts of the European & local market within the team.
- Strong autonomy and a direct impact on the strategy and growth of Lhyfe UK (subsidiary created in 2022).
Skills and requirements:
Degree or equivalent experience in engineering, scientific, planning, environmental field.
At least 5 years of professional experience in development of industrial, renewable or land development projects.
- Understand complex interaction between different project disciplines and interdependencies between scope, time, cost and quality.
- Control of administrative procedures (Environmental, Permits as well as utility connection etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English) and interpersonal skills to interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- A work ethic featuring integrity, determination, resourcefulness, resilience, whilst also being enthusiastic about renewable energy
- Good organizational skills and autonomy allowing you to carry out several projects in parallel.
- Think & act entrepreneurially with a positive attitude & a drive for team success.
An initial HR chat to find out more about your profile and career path and an opportunity for us to introduce you to Lhyfe and answer any questions you may have.
An interview with Colin (Country Manager) & Jérémy (Head of Energy Sourcing & Site Development) to discuss the role and projects further.
A final meeting at our premises for you to discover your future working environment and great colleagues.